Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 8th....6 weeks out of shoes- amazing progress

Taffy has worn her Renegades 24 hrs a day the last few days, and the last two days without frog pads (not in the plan-just ran out of time). The duct tape I had put over her heels to avoid abrasion (boots are slightly too big so they rub a little), was off too.

I pulled off the boots last night, to check on the feet. Some warmth in the hooves. But significantly less tenderness au naturel! I left the boots off overnight, since the LF had some rubbing on the medial hairline at the heel.

This morning she was still moving without tenderness, no limp!! Landing flat, not heel first, but comfortable, nevertheless. Woo hoo!

Our corral is fairly firm clay type dirt- with various sizes of gravel strewn about (came with the property). All the horses stumble over the larger gravel now and then, when they step on a single chunk. Taffy only slightly did so this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment