
Yesterday was a fun one. I brought out my stick-n-string and urged the herd (all 3) around the paddock. Honey and Glory know what the stick means, and headed off to the other end of the L shaped paddock. Taffy figured it out after I spanked the ground and made kissing sounds. A few back and forth trots and lopes, and Taffy stops and looks at me, head low. I zig zag towards her, join up style. She hooks on and follows me this way and that. Until she spots the food! Haha. I ask her to whoa, then let her go.
I did ride Taffy a few nights ago, no jigging, no half rearing, just lots of enthusiasm to move out. We walked and trotted and worked on leg yields, side pass, pivots and backing. Getting better, though I still inadvertently cue the lope and trot from the walk. I have to really watch how I breathe, shift my weight, and wiggle my legs! It is fun to ride such a responsive horse. Not for the beginner however. (Now days are 106 plus and nights around 80. With a lighted arena I'd be riding. )
Honey on the other hand, who I owned for 5 yrs but sold in order to buy Taffy, is beginner friendly and quite tolerant. She is one of those who prefers not to move unless you ask her right and politely (wink). She is a champion at Trail- has always been 1st or 2nd in her limited show career. A tribute to her Left brain introvertedness :) (ref. parelli horsenality)
I put the boots back on, with pads under LF frog, this afternoon. Too hot for boots all day. Hobble hobble but still mobile. In boots she licks chews and sighs then waltzes away. (well actually moseys).
Frogs are looking nice- taking the heels down just a tad more the other day sure helped.
No comments:
Post a Comment