Taffy continues to need the boots for comfort. I added full pads yesterday on both fores. I try to leave them off half a day at a time so that she won't cook her frogs, it's been 80 for a low and up to 110 for a high for the past week.
I have tweaked the trim a couple times- rasp and knife. Rasp to bevel toe , relieve quarters, and lower heels parallel to collateral grooves. Knife to taper bars towards apex of frog and keep them passive. Also to flake off sole which is shedding. Opened the frog sulcus slightly.(yeah it is spreading on its own!!)
Without boots her RF was more sensitive this week.
I have to remind myself that it took time for her to get to where she was before I bought her, and it will take time to restore her hoof function. The miracle of healing takes time!
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment