Decided to balance the fores yesterday- lowered the lateral heel to match the medial on the LF. lowered and angled the heels on all, to approximate the collateral groove angle. Lowered the quarters to sole- still seeing stress ripples in the quarters on the fores. Refreshed breakover on both fores and happy to see thicker walls across the toes. No obvious separation at the white line on the bottom, just slight toe flare remains on bottom 1/3 of fores.
On our way to my longe area, there was a nice mud puddle courtesy of the drip system on our trees. She walked through several times- still wants to come over on me some to get around it, but is trusting me more. Still comes right up to me for her scratches or hand licks.
Did some experimenting with voice commands on the longe- tone, register, timing. She will have to adjust to my voice but if I can approximate the voice that trained her, it will make things easier in the transition.
I had left her boots off all day Saturday after the ride, and this was Sunday morning after a trim adjustment- she was short striding the RF at the canter. She got the boots back on!!!
Today we plan to practice in our friend's arena again- our last arena workout before Sunday. I now have confidence that Taffy knows what to do in the ring, and settles into her work nicely. Before the Chino Valley show I had not ridden or worked her every day, just a few times a week, and not much loping. So we entered walk trot- and I was pleased with her demeanor and presence. This show will be all 3 gaits. At least her lope is easy to sit! I thought I was all over the place but when I looked at the video (see last week's posts) it didn't appear as bad as it felt- didn't look bad at all, at least to me...
Monday, September 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment