Thursday, September 2, 2010

About the same...

Taffy is still very comfortable in boots, ouchy over the frog/heel on rocks bare. Time to soak again. We practice a little show stuff in a friend's arena the other day. She was great- but I got nervous by the gate and so did she. Sigh. She is finding places to scrape herself- a small hind leg scrape is the latest. I am pleased she rode perfectly in my 2h straight trailer to the friend's house. I am going to try her out on the soft dirt again after soaking and see if she's up to going for a ride to a show this Sunday. A friend has invited me to bring her along.

Today was spa day- got all her whiskers and ears and bridle path clipped. She was a really good girl for all that. Mane shortened :( I like it long but the rubbed out spot now blends into the shortened mane, so it will grow out together... Will band for Sunday if we show. I'm thinking this is a warm up for the Fair show... Will enter novice classes since I'm a novice on such a finely trained horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment