Thursday, October 28, 2010

what a beautiful day

Lovely autumn weather, no nasty wind, just right.... I squeezed in a sunset ride. Decided to try going without the boots.

A little unsteady over the gravel in front of the house, smooth as silk on pavement. Taffy was eager all the way- seemed to really enjoy getting out. I love how she isn't reluctant to leave home. We headed into the wash- deep sandy stretches scattered with stones and small rocks. She picked her way through the rocks nicely, but was steady and energetic- enjoyed a long canter. She was such a good girl and we had a nice time, just about an hour out. I'm not certain if it's my imagination, it's so slight- she seems to hitch on her LF just slightly and only at the walk. It feels almost as if she has a longer leg on that side if that makes sense. It doesn't bother her any- she's not bobbing her head or favoring it at all.

As is my habit, our ride was sprinkled with lateral work and transitions, pivots and backing. I find it helps keep a horse tuned in to me no matter where I'm riding.

As I saw on a T shirt... Life is good... Horses make it better

No comments:

Post a Comment