Monday, October 25, 2010

Chiropractor visits again, thrush fades

I adjusted the trim again a couple days ago- heels were 1/4 inch above sole, so I lowered and beveled those front to back- lower in back, arched the quarters and rolled the toe... same story as last time. I also tidied up her frogs, especially the fores, and added lots of NO Thrush powder. It's working great, even with the mucky footing since all the rains last week. I have done my best to get the NT into her frogs and grooves every day.

Yesterday she had another chiropractic adjustment- much better than first time, and she had a spot out in her neck which released and she was so glad she dropped her head and did the lick and chew "thank you"... She did a bit of teeth clacking before that, but wasn't naughty. Today she is moving comfortably- no toe stabbing- more of a flat landing on the fores. She hadn't been walking that way for a while when the thrush got a toehold (pun intended).

I did get to ride once this past weekend- Poor Taffy got a hoof on the reins, and as I was trying to lift her foot off the reins she lifted her head and bruised her mouth with the bit.. just before I was going to get on... So it was bitless bridle for that ride. We did a bit of canter work- fun! and some flying changes- fun fun fun! She wore front boots.

She isn't rocking back on her haunches to turn now- that seems to come and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment