Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hoofprint ring adjustment

Sunday morning- I still see Taffy tender on LF. I decide to try a little mapping to see if maybe I've overlooked something. Using the hoofprint ring as a guide, I discover the hoof is stretched forward, and if I bring back the toe just about to the white line on both fores, there should be no lever force on the toe wall, and increased comfort. She is barely 3.5 inches. Such teeny tootsies.
RF- I use a vertical nipper cut to take a crescent of wall off the toe. She licks and chews her Thanks. The appearance is pleasing, and the bony column is vertical.
LF-Repeat but a narrower and shorter crescent.

I rasped a slight breakover on both toes with the fine side, but stopped after two or three strokes when I saw red in the white line. UH OH. What have I DONE?! I KNOW better than to mess with toe callus. Taffy does not seem any the worse for it, but I quit and round off the nipper cuts.

Her stride is moved back much now. Feels ok in boots. She will be booted 24 hrs a day for 3 days. I'll be back on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment