This evening, once the temp dipped below 95, Jenny, Melissa and I went riding. Taffy was confident and did not choose to follow any other horse. I should have expected this, a characteristic of a Left Brain Extrovert (ref- Parelli Horsenality grid).
I rode with boots and frog pads installed, french link snaffle bit, Western saddle, "CorrecTor" pad. I was seeing mostly flat landings before riding, and no gimpiness.
In the saddle, I felt some vibration in the fores, left more than right.
While riding on dirt roads, her strides were shorter. Once we were in the deep gravel wash, she moved with lovely impulsion. She was unsure about the cement ramp into the wash, flaring the nostrils- so I led her down, and through the tunnel underpass. She followed willingly.
In the wash, we walked, and Taffy champed the bit. She offered to trot, so we worked on one rein stops and serpentines. She is much more flexible in the neck after the chiropractic adjustment. After about half an hour she offered to flex the poll and lower her head, much more relaxed. I let her move out in a bit of trot, not alot, just to stretch out. I got the feeling she would love to trot to the moon!
On the way home she seemed slightly off on the LF. When I removed the boots I found a half inch rock in the groove of that hoof. Glad it was that easy to "fix"...
Ride #2... success. sidepass and back buttons are easier to find.
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment