At morning's light, Taffy is mobile, but not immediately willing to move. RF shows tenderness, LF a little. Hooves are warm, as they were last night after de-shoeing, but not hot, and no strong digital pulse. Added pads on frogs only, duct taped in place- slight improvement in stance and a little lick and chew. Added Boot #1 on LF- BIG sigh of relief. She put her head down and cocked it so she could see what that was on her foot- so cute. Ok then, Boot #2 installed and she moves with very slight discomfort. Before my journey to bare, I would not have noticed anything amiss in her movement. But then, I wouldn't have noticed the hitch in her pasterns every time she landed toe first either. (while still shod).
A slight toe flip and heel first landing are thanks enough for me today. The BIG sigh was a confirmation that we are on the right track in the boots + pads.
If you are not familiar with these techniques and are intrigued by them- take some time to research Pete Ramey, Jaime Jackson, Robert Bowker MD, Martha Olivo, Phil Morrare and Cheryl Henderson. All have extensive material available online- I have learned SO much from them. And I have to thank the gentleman who graciously started me trimming: Kirt Lander.
Friday, May 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment