Taffy happily hopped into M's trailer on Thursday morning. We rode in the southern Cerbat Mts. N of Ft Beale rd. Rabbits, quail and a whole herd of deer punctuated our trek through the desert hills. Taffy was a good girl. We went booted on fronts only, no problems! One slightly scraped hind heel is all- bag balm made it better.
Today we rode from home, and she was feeling so good about 15 minutes in to the ride I cued for a lope. I got a kick out! I felt her bunch under me, and was ready when she threw her hinds up. I made sure she got some extra work for that. Not long after, she wanted to jig, so I halfpassed her at the trot both ways for a while. Then she decided to just walk. The rest of the ride was terrific. Still riding bitless. It works great for trail riding. She never felt tenderfooted at all (rode with front boots).
I think she is picking up some weight over the topline. Ribs still showing through her fuzzy fur- I am feeding more beet pulp with the Integrity adult/senior formula (no molasses!) She is getting psyllium every morning, in case her scrounging habits have contributed to sand in the gut.
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment