Thursday, May 23, 2013

Fluid mover! Show winner again!

Taffy and I competed in the Walk-trot ages 11 and over (rider) division at an open show this month. We went Reserve High Point on the day. To be honest, there were only two of us in the western classes. I don't know if there were more in the English. However, since we were first under both judges in Horsemanship and Trail, and second in Showmanship at halter, we earned that trophy!! I was so pleased that Taffy moved so fluidly and naturally on her balanced bare hooves. It was appalling to see how many show horses moved so unnaturally on their shod hooves. A few other barefoot horses competed, I was pleased to see. Sadly, seems folks are so used to seeing movement altered by shoeing that naturally fluid movement isn't sought. Ah, well, off my soapbox. I didn't announce that my horse was barefoot, and our performance spoke for itself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment