
I attempted to show the geometry of the hoof here. Of the distance between the back of the heels/frog to the breakover (front of P3), 2/3 should lie behind the apex of the frog and 1/3 in front. She still has a little ways to go, as the area marked 1/3 is not half as long as the 2/3 distance (yet!)
The green ring isn't quite in the right place, the best I could do. It helps me find the front of P3, and reveals that the toe is still stretched forward. Some trimmers would do a vertical nipper cut on the red line, and bevel between the green and red. (Red is not quite in the right place either). I am chicken and since I am able to rocker her toe as often as it begins to bear positive pressure, I think we can grow it out just fine without being that agressive. The toe is beveled, it just doesn't show well from this angle.
No comments:
Post a Comment